Four season, freestanding, mountaineering tent
Stronger, more stable, and built to withstand the harshest of conditions, the Big Agnes Mad House 8, 4-season, 8-person tent offers much more than standard mountaineering tents. They are the Everest base camp dining rooms, buttoned up Black Rock City roosts, and Vedauwoo wind refuges. The Mad House series is our biggest mountaineering design. Try one as an all-season, two-room condo with plenty of space to stretch out and relax on acclimation days, or as a place to serve pancakes to the entire summit team.
- Spacious and strong tents for four-season mountaineering
- Features two doors and two vestibules
- Doors have two closure options: Zip up mesh door only for ventilation or zip up the polyester layer for full protection
- Vestibule may be staked out as a shade using trekking poles
- Dual room set up available with included fabric wall that can be stowed away when not in use
- Front door features dual-zipper construction for smooth opening and closing. Use only one zipper for quick reach-through access
- Dual-zipper door is smooth closing and the discrete seam design creates a clean, modern aesthetic
- Dual-zipper door allows for easy entry. Use only one zipper for quick reach-through access Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Oversized 3-D bin pockets provide ample storage without encroaching on your livable space
- Fly vents and windows with two closure options: mesh only for ventilation, or zip up the nylon layer for complete closure
- One double-zip door designed to be set up as an awning using trekking poles
- Velcro® tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability
- Dual, equalized guylines for added stability and strength in high winds
- Color-coded webbing and buckles make set up easy
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut guylines and tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guylines and reflective webbing
- Easy-grip zipper pulls
- To extend the life of your tent floor we recommend using a Big Agnes footprint - sold separately
- Multiple interior loops for attaching gear lofts, accessories and mtnGLO® Tent & Camp Lights
|26" x 12" x 15"
|66 x 30 x 38cm
|31ft² + 7ft²
|2.9m² + 0.6m²
|Fast Fly / Shelter Mode Weight:
|Footprint Weight (not included):
- Fly is Dominico® undyed polyester ripstop made with high tenacity yarns which increase tear strength by 20-25% over standard ripstop fabrics. Color is achieved using a unique pigmentation process in the polyurethane, which resists fading and increases UV resistance; extending the longevity of the fabric when used in high altitude conditions.
- Fly with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating plus an additional polyurethane coating on the face of the fabric to increase tear strength and UV resistance.
- Tent body is polyester ripstop breathable and polyester mesh
- Floor is polyester Oxford with a 5000mm polyurethane coating
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC's)
- Footprint - sold separately