The following jobs are currently available at the Trail Runner Store:
Order Picker and Packer
5 April 2022
Attention all Students, Stay-At-Home Parents, Semi-Retired Persons, and General Labourers!
Are you looking for continued part-time work? Do you want to make more than minimum wage? Do you want to be part of a growing business? Do you want flexible hours? Then this job is for you!
Who are we? We are an online store that sells trail running and outdoor/camping gear to Canada and the world. We started in 2018 and have been growing ever since. As part of that growth, we are looking for motivated individuals to join our journey.
You will be shipping customer orders from the warehouse and ensuring that each order is accurate before it is sent off. When new inventory arrives at the warehouse, you will be receiving it to confirm what was expected matches what was delivered. You will also be tracking and maintaining existing inventory to ensure our stock records are accurate and that nutritional items are not past expiry.
The position is COVID-safe as you will be working independently and will be supported virtually.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pick and pack products for online orders at warehouse
- Ensure the accuracy of each customer order
- Download and printing packing slips and shipping labels
- Troubleshoot printer issues if they occur
- Pick products from shelves and ensure products are undamaged and before best before date
- Photograph orders and upload to the Slack app for approval
- Transport packaged orders to nearby Canada Post locations during office hours (depending on Canada Post location) each shift
- Communicate via the Slack app (messages, questions, concerns)
- Count existing inventory to verify that expiry dates are not lapsed and the quantity is accurate
- Weigh and record weight of products
- Receive new inventory
- Count new inventory and compare against packing slips
- Upload marked up packing slip to Slack
- Incorporate new inventory into existing inventory
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 6 hours)
- Diligent, punctual, dependable
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable with general usage of
- a Mac computer,
- troubleshoot printer issues,
- Google Drive,
- posting photos and messages in Slack
- Have a positive attitude
- May need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Expected to require approximately 4 hours per day, though this can be for 3-4 days a week (approximately 12-16 hours per week)
- Toronto downtown area
- Flexible hours
- Expected start date: immediately
- 3-month probation period
- Generous employee discounts are available for staff
- You will be hired as an independent contractor, so you will be responsible for claiming your income to the CRA
- Only those selected will be contacted
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter (optional).